Awareness Programme on Management of Pig Reproduction

5
(871)

A one day awareness programme on Management of Pig Reproduction is organized by the Department of VGO, College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, Jalukie, Nagaland for pig breeders.

ALSO READ :  African Swine Fever: A permanent threat to Indian pigs

Dr. Tukheswar Chutia, coordinator of the programme offered a welcome speech. Dr. A. Palanisammi, Professor & Head, Department of VGO has spoken about the need of this type of training for the farmers and its benefit. Dr. Gunjan Das, Professor & Head, Department of VMD and VCC addressed the breeders to adopt scientific approaches to improve reproduction capabilities of the existing stock.

ALSO READ :  Emerging and transboundary viral infections in livestock of India: need for an effective and comprehensive response strategy

Dr. I. Shakuntala, Dean of the college stressed upon the need of technical knowledge on pig reproduction and piggery entrepreneurship through active participation for better pig production in the region. Dr. Bhabesh Mili, Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry proposed the vote of thanks. Under the technical session, various topics namely “Heat detection of pigs and its importance in successful breeding”, “Scientific breeding and farrowing management in pigs” and “Critical managemental intervention of piglets” were delivered by Dr. Bhabesh Mili, Dr. Tukheswar Chutia and Dr. Imtiwati, Assistant Professor, Department of Livestock Production and Management, respectively.

A total of 31 pig breeders from village Samziuram, Jalukie-B and Jalukie colony Ward No. 9 and 8 officials attended the programme.

ALSO READ :  Zoonotic importance of Streptococcus suis and its public health significance

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to review this post!

Average Rating 5 ⭐ (871 Review)

No review so far! Be the first to review this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you !

Let us improve this post !

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Author

Be the first to comment