GADVASU Veterinary University earns grant worth Rs 30 crore from ICAR

4.7
(32)

01 August 2019: Under the dynamic leadership of Dr Amarjit Singh Nanda, Vice Chancellor of the Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana, the University has bagged one of the most prestigious Institutional Development Plan (IDP) grant worth Rs 30 crore from the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP). The NAHEP is a World Bank aided project, operated through ICAR with a total cost of Rs 1100 crores. The University won this unique competitive feat due to the consistent hard work of its faculty, students and staff. It is the culmination of so many years of hardwork, foresightedness, academic wisdom and the national and international linkages developed by the GADVASU. The project will improve the quality of undergraduate teaching of various disciplines of veterinary, dairy and fishery sciences through creation of state-of-the-art teaching and training facilities and technical development of teaching faculty.

The main objective of project is to raise the quality of our graduates to make them World-Ready and to face professional challenges at home and abroad. Set to start from August 2019, this two year duration project will surely uplift the face of university at International arena through exchange of students, scientists and of technologies with leading professional institutions in the World. With fiscal assistance of the IDP, GADVASU aims at filling existing gaps through capacity building and training of both students and faculty at various international platforms, updation of existing infrastructure, networking with industries and universities of national and international repute, promotion of skill development, seeding innovation amongst young minds, increasing employability and entrepreneurial outlook and adopting a revenue generation model for sustainability in long run. This project is one of its own kinds that will ensure international exposure even to undergraduate students and help them in polishing their academic as well as soft skills and will bring out their hidden talents. This project will help in establishing system for producing need based job oriented manpower for industries and academia. Further, the ultimate end user i.e. farming community will get benefitted through the availability of updated technologies and latest knowhow.

ALSO READ :  All veterinary hospitals and dispensaries providing uninterrupted services to the livestock farmers: Tript Bajwa

Dr Nanda asserted that there is a dire need for development of resources and mechanism for supporting infrastructure, faculty and student advancement for raising the standard of current animal agricultural education system. It will help in providing more jobs and will inculcate entrepreneurship qualities amongst young lot. He stressed that efforts should be invested to enable students to be job provider rather than job seeker.

ALSO READ :  Taming the heifer at first milking

The project will be operational under leadership of Dr Parkash Singh Brar, Dean, College of Veterinary Science and Principal Investigator of the project. While congratulating the entire faculty, students and staff of the university for this great and significant achievement, Dr Nanda made special appreciations for dedicated, consistent efforts of Dr Parkash Singh Brar, Dr A.K. Puniya, and the team of scientists towards winning the project.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you !

Let us improve this post !

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Author

Be the first to comment