Veterinary Students took Oath for Serving the Society

5
(4)

11 July 2019: Thirty-Four students who graduated this year in Bachelor in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry course (B.Sc.& A.H.) took oath at Bihar Veterinary College Patna on Thursday. Before going into the field as a veterinarian, veterinary students took oath for serving the society; In the history of Bihar Veterinary College, this is the first time that such oath ceremony was organised. Students were honoured for best performance in the batch on this occasion. Akriti Anna scored highest OGPA and became the batch topper of 2019, she was awarded with Gold Medal, silver medal was awarded to the second topper Shruti Mishra where as Suman Kumari being the third topper of the batch received the bronze. In two other category of awards Akriti Anna was awarded with best animal production award for securing highest OGPA in animal production subject and Shruti Mishra was awarded with best clinical award for securing highest OGPA in clinical subject.

On this occasion, Dr. KML Pathak, former Vice Chancellor of Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Veterinary Science University and Gau Research Institute, Mathura was present as the Chief Guest, in his address, Dr. Pathak said that there is widespread possibilities in the field of veterinary science; It is a profession that is respected throughout the world. While addressing the students, he said that students should feel proud today that they are a veterinarian. Doctor as the prefix on your name is matter of great pride and honour, which is a very great word in itself, he added.

ALSO READ :  International Organizations Recognize Dr. Chatli, Dean COVS, Rampura Phul

University Vice-Chancellor Dr. Rameshwar Singh congratulated young veterinarians saying that it is a matter of great pleasure for us that the University today is entrusting the society to these young veterinarians. It is clear from such events that we are moving towards rebuilding and reinventing, this event is unique in itself and in the history of Bihar Veterinary College which is commendable. He said that we have been following the direction of change which is visible in front of you. Students are the assistant to carry the name of this college and further the achievement. He asked the pass out students to give their feedback of their stay at the campus, so that the academics and other problems of the college can be improved and the shortcomings they felt could be overcome. He further added that to remain in the area Courage is needed; students need to develop self-confidence which will be the biggest strength to face the odds.

ALSO READ :  Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor vacancy at Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Ludhiana

Dr. J. K. Prasad, Dean, Bihar Veterinary College while addressing presented a report about exposure and internships provided to the students. He said that students need to perform well and keep on working with zeal and enthusiasm; it is our act which takes us to height.

Dr. Raman Kumar Trivedi, Director, Student welfare proposed the vote of thanks. On this occasion Dr. Diwakar Prasad, Assistant Director of Animal Husbandry Department, GoB, Dr. P.K. Kapoor, Registrar of the University, Dr. Ravinder Kumar, Director Research, Dr. AK Thakur, Director Extension Education, including all teachers, staff and students of the University were present.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you !

Let us improve this post !

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Author

Be the first to comment