Duck Rearing and Health Management

5
(122)

Authors

Gunjan DasM.V.Sc., Ph.D., Professor & Head, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Central Agricultural University, Jalukie, Peren, Nagaland, India
Mritunjay KumarM.V.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Bihar Veterinary College, Bihar Animal Science University, Patna, Bihar, India.

ALSO READ :  Duck Rearing : A Potential Source of Livelihood for Farmers

The book has been prepared primarily with an idea of satisfying the criteria of the Housing, feeding, nutritional and health management of duck for the veterinary students and poultry entrepreneurs.

Though ducks’ meat and eggs contribution in providing high-quality nutritional food but the production of meat and duck eggs is still lower as compared to chickens. They feed on like insects, snails and waste from kitchen, paddy grains and weeds as natural sources, yet extra feed supplements also need to be provided for better production. We would like to thank the contributors of various chapters for their timely diligence in preparing the chapters so informatively.

The book is divided in various chapters (Housing, feeding, nutritional and health management etc.). Under health management, infectious and non-infectious diseases are dealt with elaborately. Within each chapter, diseases are listed alphabetically apart from an index, which will further help the reader to quickly locate the required information.

Different photographs pertaining to the health and disease management in ducks have been duly presented in places where they are required.

ALSO READ :  Duck Farming Practices in India

Content

1. Introduction

2. Duck Breeds and Varieties

3. Housing Management of Duck

4. Indigenous Ducks of India and their Physiological Parameters

5. Nutrient Requirements of Ducks and their Feeding

6. Non-infectious Diseases of Duck

7. Bacterial Diseases of Duck and their Management

8. Viral Diseases of Ducks

9. Protozoan Diseases of Ducks

10. Fungal Diseases of Ducks

11. Parasitic Diseases of Ducks and their Management

12. External Parasites of Ducks

13. Wild Ducks and their Diseases

14. Economics of Duck Rearing Index

Complements from the Authors

Poultry industry of our country is one of the fast-growing sectors of which duck farming plays an important role. Duck rearing is only seen in some parts of our country and has not been taken up as an entrepreneurship in a large scale. Duck are being reared as backyard venture by the small and marginal farmers for meat and egg purposes. It provided livelihood security to many rural households. Duck rearing, duck husbandry and duck health management are very important pillars of Duckery. This book is prepared primarily with an idea of providing an insight into the housing, feeding, nutritional and health management of duck for the veterinary students and duck farmers of this country. Hope that this book will provide good information about the Duck rearing and their health management.

Click here to Buy

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to review this post!

Average Rating 5 ⭐ (122 Review)

No review so far! Be the first to review this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you !

Let us improve this post !

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Author

Be the first to comment